The mission of our organisation is to position Barcelona among the most important tech hubs in the world.
Barcelona Tech City is a private non-profit organisation open to all Barcelona-based members of the local and global technology ecosystem.
It works with entrepreneurs, start-ups, consolidated businesses, investors, incubators, accelerators, company builders, universities, business schools, media enterprises, government agencies and other entities.
Barcelona Tech City is a project driven by local entrepreneurs that currently represents more than 800 businesses.
Barcelona Tech City objectives
- Promoting Barcelona’s tech brand in the international marketplace
- Creating a perfect framework for digital companies
- Attracting local and international investment
- Connecting companies with local and international talent
- Partnering with other organisations to accelerate the city’s tech ecosystem
Barcelona Tech City’s supports these objectives by:
- Organizing sector-related activities, conferences and workshops
- Participating in local and international trade fairs and events
- Providing statistical data compiled by an in-house sectoral observatory
- Connecting players within the ecosystem
Awards and recognitions:
- 22@Network Award, 2016
- Foment del Treball: 2017 Carlos Ferrer Salat Award
- Ara: 2017 Ignasi Pujol Award
- Grupo Zeta: 2017 Digitaliza Award